WTAG's Hank Stoltz jumps ship to WCRN

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Thu Apr 26 13:22:49 EDT 2007

Usually in baseball broadcasts, stations are given a couple of brief
breaks in pregame and postgame.  In addition, affiliates are usually
allowed to air local spots in the break between the top and bottom of
an inning.  The network takes the break at the end of each inning.
Normally the network has the first pitching change break, with locals
covering the ones after it.  Entercom may be handling local avails a
bit differently, but there are plenty of opportunities for affiliates
to air local content.

If you buy airtime on the network, those spots are guaranteed to run on
all stations on the network per contractual obligation.  The only
exception is if some spots are not allowed to air on out of state
stations, such as state lottery or certain insurance company spots.
Those can be covered locally, but that's it.

 From what I've heard on WCRN, it sounds like almost a straight
simulcast with WVEI (1440) which does air Central Mass. spots in it's
broadcast.  The only difference is that the last 30 seconds of a local
break WCRN is allowed to cover with it's own content.  For the most
part they have been airing promos touting Howie Carr, Peter Blute, the
"new home for the Sox," etc.  I would assume they'll start running
promos touting the arrival of Hank Stoltz to their lineup.  As of now
they are simply using the Sox to generate cume to the station.