WERS in HD

readaaron@friedbagels.com readaaron@friedbagels.com
Tue Apr 17 11:51:08 EDT 2007

I've suggested to Rick that it'd be nice if WERS entered a reciprocal deal
with WICN out in Worcester to relay WICN on WERS's HD2 and relay WERS on
WICN's HD2.

Currently WICN does not have an HD2, but it's all software so it's not all
that difficult to install.  Cost (for the software) is another issue that
I can't speak for, though.

Regardless, the two signals complement each other nicely, and a reciprocal
broadcast deal is a very simple way of effectively reaching a lot more
listeners.  There's a lot to like for both WICN and WERS there.

Of course, it's entirely possible that WERS has other plans that might
make more sense than this one, and we just don't know about it.  But given
how much my wife & I have lamented the lack of a full time jazz station in
Boston, I certainly would like to see this happen.