Imus canned by MSNBC

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Thu Apr 12 19:12:22 EDT 2007

>>And you and
other righties should stop using it to excuse Imus's outrageous remarks.

I'm not pointing it out to justify his remarks, I'm just saying that since what he
said was so bad, then maybe others who say the same thing should be criticized
as well (rap lyrics, etc.)

What if what Imus said was said by the Rev. Al Sharpton on Radio One's
black talk network? Would there be a similar furor?

By the way, to be fair, I heard Rush say something today like "liberals
try to shut down free speech by pressure campaigns" (but conservatives don't). What he should have
added was many conservatives do the same. There have been "postcard
campaigns" by conservative religious leaders to pressure Fox to take
off "Married...With Children" (bulk postcards sent out as a protest), for example.

"I am extremely offended by (name of program) and I think it's obscene.
I promise to boycott the sponsors", etc. Rush didn't mention that...

Similar pressure campaigns are waged by pro- and anti-abortion rights groups,
gun owner groups, religious organizations, and so on, sent to Senators,
Representatives, the President, etc. These also can include positive
messages ("Dear Mr. President--I want to thank you for your stand
on such-and-such"...all printed out by organizations who ask their
members to mail them out.