Herald: ESPN Boston hopes to boost listeners, night signal

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Tue Apr 3 14:29:42 EDT 2007

http://business.bostonherald.com/businessNews/view.bg?articleid=192441

Herald article about how ESPN Boston (890/1400) is trying to boost
its following --and night-time signal. The station launched a Red Sox/
baseball talk show weeknights at 6 pm starting last night, and recently
they signed former Globe scribe Peter Gammons to do "weekly call-ins".
They carry ESPN baseball coverage including the playoffs.

I will say that ESPN Boston does show up in the ratings and they've
even run some TV ads.
The article says they are hoping to "almost double" their night-time
power. WAMG 890 (I assume they're not talking about WLLH 1400,
their sister station!) is said to be 3,400 watts at night and they
have a CP to go 6,000 watts at night

Current night pattern:
http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=WAMG&service=AM&status=L&hours=N

CP night pattern:
http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=WAMG&service=AM&status=C&hours=N

The CP expires in May of '09.

Daytime coverage would prob be the same:
http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=WAMG&service=AM&status=L&hours=D