Jay Severin Returning To Boston?

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Tue Sep 26 06:40:10 EDT 2006

Maybe it's because Severin was MIA far too often! I don't think you should
take 'time off' during the 'building phase' of a show, and 1 year is
certainly still the building phase.

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Bob Nelson
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 5:05 AM
To: Laurence Glavin; boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org;
raccoonradio@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Jay Severin Returning To Boston?

>>On 9/25/06, Laurence Glavin <lglavin@mail.com> wrote:
> Radio and Records' website (www.radioandrecords.com) has a headline
> that Jay Severin's national show is out, and Jay will be returning to
> WTKK's frequency (but not its studios) from 3:00 pm thru 7:00 pm

Boston Radio Watch has the story:

http://www.bostonradiowatch.com

So...does this mean the national gig with CBS flopped? GM putting a
shine on a sneaker, methinks. Sure, he's back in Boston but the
national show apparently was less than a year. But maybe that was a
tough time slot (vs. Savage in a lot of places). He only got a few
affiliates, I believe (Detroit, Philly, St Louis)

Or will he do 7 hours a day, first Boston then national? Naahhhhhhhhh.

>>In addition, the talk show personality has announced that he will be
relocating to the Boston area.

The obscure hamlet of Sag Harbor, Massachusetts...