Delays on live coverage

John Francini francini@mac.com
Sun Sep 24 21:53:13 EDT 2006

What, all 100 of them?

No, seriously -- what is the penetration of HD Radio at the moment?
I would think that until HD radio has significant market penetration
-- like even 5% of all radios in a market -- the 95% who still pay
the bills by listening on analog should get consideration over the
minuscule HD minority.

Pardon me while I remain underwhelmed.  Why does HD radio need 8
seconds of delay when HD TV (how I'm watching the Patriots game as I
write this) has either no appreciable delay or a much smaller delay?

john

--
John Francini, francini@mac.com

"The journey is more important than the destination-that's part of
life. If you only live for getting to the end, you're almost always
disappointed."     -Donald Knuth