Herald: Where have you gone Air America

A. Joseph Ross Joe@attorneyross.com
Fri Sep 22 14:46:34 EDT 2006

On 21 Sep 2006 at 2:45, Eli Polonsky wrote:

> In addition to the intermodulation factor with also nearby WWZN that
> Dan mentioned, the other possible reason would be in your radio. If
> you have a modern digital car tuner, many of them have an automatic
> attenuation circuit that reduces sensitivity when it receives
> extremely strong signals, such as when driving nearby transmitters.

Interestingly enough, when I drove to Lexington today, I didn't have
any problem as I drove by the towers on Route 2, but somewhere on
Waltham Street, just after I got off Route 2, there was a subdued
hash on 1430, no problem on 1200.  Later, as I got closer to Route 2,
there was some hash on 1200 for a short distance, but 1430 had
cleared.  It was nowhere near as bad as it was in the past.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                   617.367.0468
15 Court Square, Suite 210         Fax: 617.742.7581