MLB playoffs, NFL, Bruins...

Howard Glazer hmglaz@worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 11 09:08:27 EDT 2006

Bob Nelson wrote:

> I think WBOQ is doing some Friday night football--once the Sox season
> ends in a couple weeks, at least...Prob. not WNSH...but who knows.

That covers the North Shore, I guess, although my alma mater (Swampscott)
still plays all of its home games on Saturday afternoons -- and 10 a.m. on
Thanksgiving Day, of course -- so a Friday night package does it no good. I
assume WBOQ is where the Salem-Beverly Thanksgiving game, a staple of WESX's
coverage, will air, unless Gloucester High takes priority, but I recall WESX
running other games on tape after Salem-Beverly ended. I wonder if WBOQ will
do the same.

How about the South Shore schools that WJDA carried? I know WATD had at
least a Thanksgiving game or two, but there aren't any other community-type
stations between Boston and the Cape to pick up the remainder, outside of
WBET in Brockton, right?

Howard