WILD AM&FM Underwriting Messages Still On Tavis Smiley Show

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Wed Sep 6 17:58:44 EDT 2006

Last week I mentioned that by pure happenstance (is there ever any soiled happenstance?)
I observed the opening of The Tavis Smiley Show on WGBX-TV, wherein an underwriting
message for WILD-FM appeared.  It used the slogan that WILD-FM used in the recent past
BEFORE the WAAF handoff;  later, at the conclusion of the Tavis :) show, WGBX-TV
ran an underwriting message by WILD-AM, News-Talk 1090 (no more!).
That was in late August just a few days after the switcheroo...so I once
again taped the intros and outros of the Tavis :) airings first on WGBX-TV
and then again on WGBH-TV.  The messages are still there, only a promo for WILD-AM
leads, and one for WILD-FM closes the presentation.  So in a new month, the
underwriting messages are still there and have not been altered to reflect
the new reality.  If anyone at WILD-AM is on the ball, and if a contract to
keep WILD promos on the air is still in effect, they should quickly write new
ones for WILD-AM alone.