NERW Lead Story 9/4/06

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed Sep 6 09:30:06 EDT 2006

David Tomm wrote:
> This website was up late last week as the stunting began on 107.3.
> Someone at CC/Rochester obviously messed up and put it online too soon.
>  They quickly took it offline and started posting all of the "poetry"
> that Scott mentioned (that mentioned Scott!)
>
> It looks like they are finally ready to launch the station, even though
> they are still in stunt mode.  My guess is they'll flip the switch
> sometime tomorrow (Wednesday.)

Noon, to be precise.

Given how cheaply a URL can be registered, and how quickly a
plausible-looking website can be constructed using a basic corporate
template, it's become really easy to create "smokescreen" websites that
just "happen" to be discovered by "accident" in the midst of a
format-flip stunt. I still maintain that that's probably what "Snap"
was/is - but we'll see for sure in a few hours...