Changes Coming At WEIM?

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Mon Oct 2 15:36:15 EDT 2006

As it turns out, the changes aren't that extensive, except for the lame
moniker.  The new morning show, hosted by Ben Parker, appears to be
more news & information based, as opposed the the full service approach
Ray C took.  They still run Jim Bohannon and Howie, Ray C now does
6-8pm and it's automated Hot AC the rest of the time.  Is there a
negative reaction to the WEIM calls in the area that they had to bury
them within this "1280 The Blend" moniker?  They are also using the
"hits and information" slogan,  which seems like an
anachronism--promoting music on AM.  Especially when there is a 50,000
watt FM blowtorch in their backyard (WXLO/Fitchburg)  playing the same
music.  Heck, if this is their cornerstone slogan, why didn't they just
leave Ray C in mornings?  This makes no sense.  Macek may be setting up
this station to be a full blown news talker once the new morning show
gets established.  All he'd  have to do is fill the automated music
hours with birdfed talk down the line.

Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"