Herald: Ch 4 going back to "WBZ" brand

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Tue Nov 21 12:59:54 EST 2006

<<On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:43:47 -0500, "Bob Nelson" <raccoonradio@gmail.com> said:

> I remember the promos they ran when they did the network affiliation
> switch. Liz Walker was saying "I'm still gonna be here, Jack's still
> gonna be here..." As if people assumed that the network switch would
> be taking away the local newscasters!

With respect, Jane Average Viewer doesn't distinguish between the
network and the local station.  It's all "CBS" (etc.) to her,
regardless of how the programs are distributed.  (In a sense, the
viewers are ahead of the industry here in ignoring the artificial
boundary between "local" and "network", particularly in the case of
network-owned stations.)

-GAWollman