[B-R-I] Re: WKLB announcements

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 12:53:08 EST 2006

The setup I have is a component stereo (receiver, CD player, cassette
deck) right next to my computer and when I want to tape onto the
computer hard drive, I use an adapter (RCA
plugs into receiver, 1/8" plug into computer). AudioRecordWizard3 not
only allows me to
record from an outside source but I can set a timer.

If it's a long file I also have software to chop it up into smaller files.

What I may do is set the radio to 102.5 and tape that changeover onto
the computer.
I have two recordable Walkmen (and an AC adapter if necessary) for the 99.5
changeover (and can use the second one just as a spare for 102.5, who knows).

The 102.5 changeover will be posted here fairly quickly. As for the
99.5 I'll have to take
those RCA plugs that were in  the back of the receiver, switch them to
the cass. deck,
and dub to computer from there. In each case it takes a few minutes to
upload the
file via FTP.

I was in Derry/Salem/Windham, NH area yesterday btw and noticed WCRB came in
fairly strong so any WKLB listeners in that area need not switch their
allegiance
to the likes of WOKQ 97.5, but yes those in the Concord NH area who want to
keep hearing WKLB would have to do so on their computer due to the 102.3
in Concord area!

>>a casette recorder with
microphone

I think Sony still makes recordable Walkmen like the ones I have (in
the past such
devices were also made by Aiwa, Panasonic, etc.). In my case there's
the convenience
of taping right off the radio but they also have condenser mics and
jacks for stereo
mics (have used the latter to tape a local folk music festival, or panels at a
"furry cartoon" convention I go to, with pretty good results!)