WKLB announcements

Ric Werme ewerme@comcast.net
Tue Nov 21 08:48:23 EST 2006

Dan wrote:
> Well, now that you've got my two cents' worth saying one thing and Bob
> Nelson's saying pretty much the exact opposite, you'll either have to wait a
> week and find out for yourself or hope that Scott or Garrett chime in with
> the definitive word.

Oh good, I thought I was the only one confused here.  I'll be listening
to 99.5 since I can't receive 102.5 due to adjacent channel interference
with 102.3 in Concord NH.

My daughter is having oral surgery to remove her wisdom teeth on Dec 1,
but my wife is covering it since she has more post-op experience.

Thinking back, I don't recall listening to a swap like this before.  I heard
WQED-FM (Pittsburgh, PA), WEVO (Concord NH), and WCNH-LP (Concord NH) start
FM broadcasting.

I was near Cleveland when TV KYW (and staff) went back to Philadelphia and
WKYC came to Cleveland.  I was only 14 then and still don't see the wisdom
in that swap.  (Details at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WKYC-TV ).  It did
result in Cleveland winding up with two great TV meteorologists when Dick
Goddard left Philadelphia and came back to Cleveland on WJW while Wally
Kinnan stayed at WKYC.

       -Ric Werme