Axe falls on WRKO news Dept.

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Mon Nov 20 20:17:53 EST 2006

On Nov 20, 2006, at 1:52 AM, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

> I think the hosts who have voices other than themselves on their show
> sound better.  This is true of most shows.  I even liked LTAR better
> when Bob had a guest.  When he talked by himself for the whole half-
> hour, it tended to get dull.

I've thought that of many talk show hosts.  One somewhat surprising
standout was the beloved David Brudnoy.  When he had guests on (which
was most of the time), he was intelligent, probing, and a great
listener.  When he was on by himself, I was often shocked by how
nasty and boring he could be.  He'd rant against "Bubba" and lazy
schoolkids like a one-note Salem network hack.  Or maybe that is just
another example of how "entertainment value" translates to "agreement."