Could Jimmy Myers survive (even prosper) at WRKO?

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sun Nov 19 16:42:49 EST 2006

>>WRKO desperately needs top-flight talk talent and Myers is not working
in radio at this time. Is there a fit?

With Myers' history, it would certainly take guts even to just consider
him.
And with Entercom's reputation for having people on the air who are,
shall
we say, insensitive to the concerns of minoritites, could Myers survive
in
the Guest St environment? Would he even consider subjecting himself to
that
environment? If Entercom were to announce that Myers had been hired,
would
advertisers bring pressure on the company to ditch a guy with Myers'
baggage
before he ever got to say word one on the air? Or would Ms Kahn simply
dismiss the idea of hiring Myers with a statement to the effect that his
main appeal is to a demo that WRKO (and Entercom in general) are not
courting?<<

The bigger question is whether my bosses would want to go through again
what they just went through with John DePetro.  I seem to recall that
repeated instances of opening-mouth-and-inserting-foot are why Myers
hasn't stuck around in one place for very long.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WKAF - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI AM/FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Boston MA  02135-2040
Phone: 617-779-5369
Fax: 617-779-5379