WCRB/WKLB switch Dec 1?

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Mon Nov 13 15:52:28 EST 2006

<<On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:59:18 -0500, "Bill O'Neill" <me@billoneill.us> said:

> As for ratings, the terrestrial radio pie is definitely shrinking
> concurrent with the paradoxical rise in station sale prices.

An interesting personal observation, though....

My car, which I bought almost two years ago, came with a factory XM
receiver.  I listened to XM a lot in the first year of ownership
(particularly BBCWS on channel 131, and the "decades" channels 8 and
9).  I have listened to it relatively little this year (despite having
paid $toomuch for the subscription extension).  Now that hockey season
has begun, I found myself turning it on again for the first time in a
few months.  I was absolutely blown away by how hideous the audio
sounds -- not just on the BBC, which was always awful, but now on the
music channels as well.

I don't think they're likely to keep my as a sub next year.  And when
the time comes to replace it, I'm not at all certain what I will do.

-GAWollman