WCRB/WKLB switch Dec 1?

Bill O'Neill me@billoneill.us
Mon Nov 13 14:59:18 EST 2006

Sean Smyth wrote:
> As we know, the public is fickle. Once you've lost a listener, for
> whatever sundry reason, generally you've lost them for good.
I'm not so sure. Most stations who lose listeners have generally gone
out of their way to disenfranchise that listener (share).  For instance,
it blows my mind that a 100 kW flamethrower like WEZF (92.9 Burlington)
would shift to "holiday music" six weeks in advance of what was at one
point in time, Christmas.   And then, the idiot stunting is over and
then it's back to lame attempts at returning to relevance. And it works
(so say the pundits.)

As for ratings, the terrestrial radio pie is definitely shrinking
concurrent with the paradoxical rise in station sale prices.

Bill O'Neill