WCRN adds Red Sox, and the "Sweet Caroline" story

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 16:38:50 EST 2006

Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@gmail.com> wrote:
> This Worcester Magazine piece has more info. WCRN feels their boost
> 50,000 watts
> full time will be in place by the time the Sox season starts.
> Entercom
> feels they have
> a better signal and switched the affiliation from WTAG. (Look for
> "Watts on first")
> WCRN has 5 kW night--needs to resolve "local permitting issues" but
> they feel they can get 50 kW full time fairly soon.)
>
> http://www.worcestermag.com/archives/2006/11-09-06/city_desk.html

Sportsradio 850 and 830, WEEI. Works for me. Since Entercom has been in
a buying mode lately, how long until such a deal with the Carberrys may
be finalized? I see no other reason why Entercom would switch
affiliates.