WCRN adds Red Sox, and the "Sweet Caroline" story

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 13:55:05 EST 2006

On 11/9/06, Dan Strassberg <dan.strassberg@att.net> wrote:
> Where did you see or hear 50,000 watts of NIGHTTIME power? I'd like to see
> or hear it for myself--especially if the source was a promo on WCRN or
> something on WCRN's Web site.

The Worcester magazine article says--and I assume the info came from WCRN
itself-- "The move coincides with...WCRN's long-time efforts to extend
the hours at which it broadcasts a full 50,000 watt signal. Currently,
it's doing so only during the daytime."

I didn't see any construction permits for WCRN at the
radio-locator.com page for them.
It still says 5 kW night. Not sure how accurate that page is.

WCRN's site says: "NEW ENGLAND'S NEW HOME FOR  RED SOX BASEBALL!!
LISTEN TO ALL THE GAMES WITH 50,000 WATTS OF NIGHTTIME POWER!"

That's what THEY said...