DePetro tries to get job back

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 13:37:45 EST 2006

http://www.boston.com/news/local/politics/blog/

He says he's willing to undergo sensitivity training, and would invite
Ross on his show
weekly. He also feels that WRKO/WEEI has a double standard, as Dennis
and Callahan
were only suspended and not fired over the Metco flap.

Trying to remember if D&C's Metro controversy was their "first
offense"...DePetro had a previous incident and was warned about it. He
has claimed he said nothing the FCC would call offensive but Wolfe has
said the WAY DePetro said it (his "tone") made a difference.

Consider that DePetro, as one of the local papers pointed out, also
drew controversy over some anti-gay remarks in March--in that big
advertiser Harvard Pilgrim Health Care asked that their spots be
withdrawn from his show. WRKO complied. So you have that, the Amorello
comment, and the Ross comment-- as far as WRKO was concerned (the new
Sox flagship), THREE strikes and he's out.

We'll see...If he doesn't make it back onto WRKO I wonder if WTKK
would be interested.