I voted for Ted! [Sarandis]

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Wed Nov 8 19:00:15 EST 2006

Governors Council (which only exist in 2 states, Mass and NH) are a check
and balance on the Governor.

In Mass, I believe the main focus is appointments (Judges basically)
In NH, they actually are even more powerful, as they must approve every
contract signed by the Governor. (NH probably has the weakest Governor's
office in the entire USA)

Rep Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH
(Radiophile and State Rep)

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Hakim Madjid
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:47 PM
To: Boston Radio
Subject: I voted for Ted! [Sarandis]

I cast my vote for ex WEEI evening talk show host Ted Sarandis for
Governors Council.
He was the only name I recognized on the ballot under  Governor's Council.
:-)
Frankly I don't know what the heck the Governor's Council is even for.

Sarandis only garnered 8% of the vote, I thought it would be a lot
more on the basis of name recognition alone.

Is he still doing BC Basketball play-by-play? It's been a long time
since I listened in to Eagles b-ball :-)

--
Hakim Madjid
The Computer Handyman