Air America on ABC Ad Blacklist

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Nov 7 18:49:41 EST 2006

On 7 Nov 2006 at 17:44, Donna Halper wrote:

> Well actually, some of us do.  I am working on an article about this,
> and based on what I am finding, there are a number of sponsors who
> when they DO advertise on a progressive station, they suddenly start
> getting harrassing phone-calls from allegedly "outraged citizens"
> saying that if the ads are not pulled immediately, they will never
> patronize that store or buy that product.  I'd say it's just
> coincidence, but the "outraged citizens" all say basically the same
> thing, as if reading from a script, and they seem more like a pressure
> group than some spontaneous listeners who sincerely object to a
> certain talk show.

What would "concerned citizens" be doing listening to shows they
object to, anyway?

And, while I understand private for-profit corporations having an
interest in keeping their advertising off certain stations, why are
two government agencies, the Postal Service and the US Navy, on the
list to not be on Air America stations?

And I can understand why the American Heart Association, a non-profit
charity, is on the list, as a 501(c)(3) corporation that should not
be involved in politics, but if so, I hope they are also on similar
lists to avoid conservative talk stations.  If not, their 501(c)(3)
could be in jeopardy.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581