depetro comments

Don A. Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 13:56:55 EST 2006

> Gay, lesbian, and transgendered are the terms used by homosexuals.

"Black" is a term used by people of color...however it can be used as a
Zing, i.e..."Tell that black guy to go home".

Again, it goes to intent.

> > We don't make fun of people's personal appearance.....
>
> Have you watched the Daily Show?  They do it all the time.

Are you equating the Daily Show with talkradio discussing a debate?

The whole "raison d'etre" of the Daily show is to poke fun at people....at
any cost.

> The last time that I checked Gay, lesbian, and transgendered were the
> favored and accepted terms.  I hear lesbian used in the media
> regularly.  I do not hear the N word used.

You will hear (mostly) young black men using it to refer to each other.

> The last time that I checked Gay, lesbian, and transgendered were the
> favored and accepted terms.  I hear lesbian used in the media
> regularly.  I do not hear the N word used.

You will also hear gay men sometimes use the word "fag" to describe
themselves and each other somewhat affectionately.

Again, it goes to intent.

Depetro's comments were meant to reduce Grace Ross to two lines about her
physicality.

We are all more than simply our big noses, bald heads or big
boobs...especially in the context of a debate for Governor.

And an effort to reduce someone's status...based on a physical
characteristic has no place in debating political issues.

Again, this is WRKO's judgement to make...as to what type of radio station
they want to be (or become).