Board op firing ...

marklaurence@mac.com marklaurence@mac.com
Sat Nov 4 10:04:21 EST 2006

 On Saturday, November 04, 2006, at 07:56AM, "radiotony" <radiotony@comcast.net> wrote:

>Lastly, Massachusetts is not an at-will employment state, so WRKO can't just
>firing someone without just cause.
>If they don't have that just cause spelled out, I think it is safe to say
>they might have a problem here.

I've always thought Massachusetts did follow at-will employment law, and this page from boston.com seems to agree:

http://bostonworks.boston.com/hr/hrexpert/articles/061206.shtml

It's best to document the situation to avoid specific charges of discrimination, etc., that could violate Mass. law.  I don't think there is any requirement of "cause" for firing an at-will employee.