Radiothon remote tonight

Gary's Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Sat May 27 10:02:45 EDT 2006

Begging the moderator's permission......

Tonight WCAP will be featuring a LIVE SockHop Fundraiser to benefit the
Lowell Flood Victims Relief Fund.

Many people in the Pawtucketville section of Lowell lost their homes, cars
and all their belongings a few weeks ago during the 2006 Great Flood.
Tonight Gary Francis (that’s me) is turning The Saturday Night Sock Hop into
a fundraiser to raise cash for the families.  Show will be broadcast live
from the front of Gary's Ice Cream & Grill, 127 Merrimack Street in downtown
Lowell.  Originally this was going to be an antique car show - but raising
money for The Salvation Army's Flood Fund is more important - although some
antique cars may still show up.

Listen from 6pm - 10pm or better yet - come on down - hang out - and help
out!

FYI, 2 weeks from tonight is the 55th Anniversary Party of WCAP. It was on
June 10, 1951 that WCAP first signed on the air.  We're having a party with
everybody welcome - especially former WCAP Staff!  We have voices from the
music days as well as the talk days coming by to help us celebrate - Mark
Adams, Joe Abrams, Casey Crane, Joe Cochran, Kevin Dunn, Pat McCarthy and
dozens more - even our own Donna Halper, the queen of radio history will be
here!  So come on down - same place - same time - Gary's Ice Cream, 127
Merrimack St, Lowell, June 3 also from 6 - 10 and live on 980am WCAP

-Gary Francis
News Director (and more)
WCAP

--