Something New? Something Old?

rogerkirk rogerkirk@ttlc.net
Fri May 26 18:55:04 EDT 2006

It appears that Snapple has purchased all commerical avails for 40 days at WFNX (only $2 million) and they're touting it as a "40 day Free For All" with "no commercials" - just "underwriting".  It is being called "brandcasting."   Has anybody heard of this before?  I know that stations have gone commercial-free for X number of songs as a stunt for changing formnats, but I've never heard of one company buying all the time in such a large amount.