whats up with HD radio

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu May 18 15:13:46 EDT 2006

There's no fee (and HD radio ads are mentioning that) but the receiver
will cost at least $299--
though I've heard of some cheaper ones.

They're stationary for the house--not sure if there's a portable one
yet. Some info:
http://hdradio.com/index.php

Some HD stations may be simulcasting over the Net, to give you a taste.
I don't know about the types of music you mentioned but some of the
secondary channels I've heard of include classic country, classical,
pre-Beatles oldies, rock of the 80s, smooth jazz,
indie rock, etc. A list of stations on-air or soon to be on-air here:

http://hdradio.com/index.php