WAAF and the Red Sox

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Sat May 13 18:28:06 EDT 2006

I assume that there is a reason why we haven't heard any more about how
Entercom proposes to fill the gap in MetroWest in the signal footprint for
next year's Red Sox night games. Several people on this list, including
Scott Fybush, have commented that adding WAAF to the network--at least for
night games--could make a lot of sense. Could it be that Entercom is
constrained from making this move because the Red Sox contract with WTAG
continues at least through the 2007 season? I had hoped that WAAF's CoL
change to Westborough would eliminate a conflict with WTAG, regardless of
whether WAAF was transmitting for Paxton or W Boyleston. There is signal
overlap among many more than two of the Red Sox network affiliates and I
thought that, as long as two affiliates weren't licensed to the same
community, the standard affiliate agreement posed no problems, but maybe
that isn't so or maybe WTAG's contract is different. Can anyone elaborate?

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367