WMEX 50 KW DA days

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun May 7 23:32:31 EDT 2006

On 7 May 2006 at 21:17, Donna Halper wrote:

> Bud Ballou died suddenly in April of 1976-- there were lots of
> rumours, but the only thing the obit said was he died of an aneurysm,
> as I recall.  He was 34.  He has been on two top 40 stations in
> Syracuse before coming to Boston-- I think he came here sometime in
> mid 1965.

I remember him in 1971, I think, introducing Buffalo Bob Smith to a
college audience at New England Life Hall.  A friend of mine was
going to Suffolk University at the time and got me a ticket.  At the
end of the show, Bud Ballou came on stage, and Buffalo Bob sang,
"Here's a friend of Howdy-Doo / And his name is Bud Ballou..."

Was that his real name?  I keep wondering whether he named himself
after the Bob & Ray character Wally Ballou.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581