WMEX 50 KW DA days

Lou lspin@comcast.net
Sun May 7 13:09:59 EDT 2006

I can't count how many times I mistakenly tuned into WPTR, Albany, at night,
thinking it was WMEX because it was coming into our North End (Boston)
apartment so much stronger.

Dale, you really stirred a brain cell when you mentioned John H's "Silence
is Golden" commercial-free half-hour.  Wow...  I need to sit for a second or
two!

-Lou

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Donna Halper
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 11:45 AM
To: Dale H. Cook; boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: WMEX 50 KW DA days

My recollection of the WMEX signal from when I was growing up here was that
at night you could get it in Northern Maine and in Gander Newfoundland, but
you couldn't get it in much of Boston.  The standing joke was that the
station was #1 in 18-24 year old fish and also very big with 15-54 year old
moose...