WMEX 50 KW DA days

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun May 7 12:44:47 EDT 2006

>Dale wrote--
>At the old Quincy site WMEX was 50 kW days and 5 kW nights. Some years ago
>I discussed the Quincy array with John H. Garabedian (now host of the sat
>program Open House Party), who was, from 1969 to 1971 IIRC, afternoon
>drive jock, Program Director and Chief Engineer at WMEX.

My recollection of the WMEX signal from when I was growing up here was that
at night you could get it in Northern Maine and in Gander Newfoundland, but
you couldn't get it in much of Boston.  The standing joke was that the
station was #1 in 18-24 year old fish and also very big with 15-54 year old
moose...