Translator on 96.1 in PLYMOUTH???

Dale H. Cook radiotest@cox.net
Tue Mar 28 13:08:17 EST 2006

At 12:42 PM 3/28/2006, Dan Strassberg wrote:

>Was that a misprint in today's FCC actions? A Christian group in selling
>three translators in eastern Mass to another Christian group. According to
>the FCC actions, one of the translators is on 96.1 in Plymouth MA. That's
>just a hop, skip and jump from first-adjacent WATD and seems awfully close
>to, if not within, the 60 dBu contour of co-channel WSRS. Did I misread? Is
>it Plymouth NH? Or did the FCC mean 106.1?

It is a construction permit for translator W241AU, on 96.1 with an
effective radiated power of 3 watts at 70 m. AMSL. The licensee is
Horizon Christian Fellowship, and the specified transmitter location
is on the east side of Route 3 across from the southern part of Bloody Pond.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting,
Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZI / WZZU / WLNI / WLEQ
http://members.cox.net/dalehcook/starcity.shtml