Channel Two Sold My House Dot Com

radiotony radiotony@comcast.net
Sun Mar 5 08:47:29 EST 2006

They seem to be short on money - more than they normally are. I received a
beg letter from NHPTV this week saying their corporate donations are down
$113k over last year. We often think that because things are funded through
the CPB, these stations have it easy. But, in actuality, some of the
programming is very expensive. I was talking to a guy who used to program
NHPR and he said that back in 1999, the Diane Reihm show cost NHPR $15k per
year. The show, IMHO, is dreadfully boring. She sounds awful. $15k for one
hour of programming, five days a week, is a lot of money. Why not spend that
money locally? It makes me wonder why these stations - especially on the
radio side - don't just hire radio reporters instead and create more new
programming, making themselves more relevant to the listening community.

Best,
Anthony Schinella
CEO/PD/A&E
WKXL 1450 AM
XL Marketing
Concord, NH
http://www.wkxl1450.com
http://politizine.blogspot.com

WKXL: Winner of six 2005 Golden Mike Awards - more than any other radio
station in New Hampshire!