WBOQ reach in to Boston

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Tue Jun 20 15:50:32 EDT 2006

> > From: "Peter Q. George" <radiojunkie3@yahoo.com>
> To: Aaron Read <readaaron@friedbagels.com>,
>     boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
> Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:06:19 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: WATD, WBOQ and WRBB
>
>    It's too bad that Northeastern University's WRBB
> was not given the opportunity to get WFNX's 101.3
> translator operation when 'FNX moved in town.  The
> 101.3 signal would actually improve WRBB's coverage
> all over town, instead of the limited coverage it has
> in the Back Bay on 104.9.  It would be nice to see if
> 'RBB could get some signal improvement by getting the
> old 101.3 operation back on-line.

I'm not sure, but I think I read that the new WFNX signal
from Financial Place prevents operation of their old 101.3
translator due to its close physical proximity as a second
adjacent. The old Medford/Malden line WFNX site was much
farther from the 101.3 translator than their new main site
which is perhaps only a mile away within the city.

WFNX obviously discontinued the translator because, with
their new site, it was no longer of any additional benefit
to them, but it may also be that the location of their new
site would prohibit the second-adjacent translator on the
Hancock from operating at all, under any ownership.

EP