WCAP 55th Birthday Party Report__Berkshires

Robert F. Sutherland madprof@ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 14 00:38:56 EDT 2006

: <bill.smith@comcast.net>  wrote on June 13, 2006

Them's fighting words, pardner!!
Just kidding....you made me do a belly laugh, so I had to "respond"

I grew up in New Lebanon NY, just "over the hill" (Lebanon Mtn),  west of
Pittsfield.
which is close enough to the Berkshires..... fairly small population.
In High School years (1962-66)  WTRY was one of my favorites, (but they lost
my loyalty
when they quit top-40's & went to talk).
I recall nights WCAP was usually strong enough to "interfere"  (forgive my
word choice),
but  often strong enough to make a clear WCAP ID - I was & am a serious DX'
er.

The last 24 years, I've lived in WCAP range, Waltham, now Concord. so have
appreciated it more.

Bob Sutherland