bose+hd?

Ron Bello RBello@BelloAssoc.com
Mon Jun 12 17:45:21 EDT 2006

The roll out of HD Radio is among the most mismanaged product introductions
IMO.

When Disney premiers a new movie the stores are stocked with branded
merchandise.
Try and find a home receiver (not table radio) with HD Radio.  There are
none that will
receive the sub-channels.  A salesman in Tweeter told me that none of the
car radios do
either.  He also told me that customers come in asking for the product
because of the
advertising campaign but Tweeter has nothing to satisfy the demand.  By the
time
there is product the demand will be gone.  The goodwill is
going.  Consumers will not
wait, they just go on to the next hot item.

At 03:31 PM 6/12/2006, Stephanie Weil wrote:

>On Mon, June 12, 2006 14:15, Don A. wrote:
> >
> > ...anyone know if the bose radio has hd capability yet.
>
>It doesn't.  It's just a gussied up AM/FM radio.
>
>Bose hasn't announced plans for IBOC receivers.
>
>Tivoli has said they're not going to roll one out until the technology is
>much more perfected.
>
>--
>Stephanie Weil
>New York City, NY, USA