Radio Derry (NH) 1700 AM

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Fri Jun 9 22:05:48 EDT 2006

>>The Londonderry (NH)Times, a free weekly paper, has an article this
week
on the new Radio Derry AM 1700.  Owned and operated by Rick Ganley, who
has been professionally involved in radio since 1990, according to the
article...The owner states he does not need a license, as the FCC allows
low power
stations to operate without a license. <<

You can bet that with that kind of publicity, the FCC will be on the
scene as soon as they are able, complete with a field strength meter.
How many times have we heard "I don't need no steenkin' license" from
someone who ended up getting busted for a Section 301 violation
(transmitting without a license and in excess of Part 15 limits)?

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI AM/FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Boston MA  02135-2040
Phone: 617-779-5369
Fax: 617-779-5379