Gues We Were All Wrong

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Thu Jun 8 11:39:51 EDT 2006

<<On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 08:43:47 -0600, "Sid Schweiger" <sid@wrko.com> said:

>>> What's a PPM?<<
> Personal People Meter.  Arbitron's hand-held electronic device for
> audience measurement.  Reputedly more accurate than diaries.  We'll see.

Well, it really depends on how you define "accurate".  The diary
system and the PPM measure different things: the diary measures
*recall* and the PPM measures *audience*, without any knowledge of
whether the participant is actually paying any attention.  I don't
know if either one correlates well to advertising response rate.

-GAWollman