Talk for Women

David Tomm nostaticatall@comcast.net
Fri Jun 2 16:41:23 EDT 2006

  Premiere will occasionally drop programs they have a hard time finding
affiliates for, but the shows will continue as long as someone pays
them for distribution and sales representation.  This happened to the
show Rockline.  It was dropped by Premiere but it has continued since
host Bob Coburn owns the show.  He does the affiliate legwork that
Premiere used to do and pays them for the studio space, satellite usage
fees and commission for any sales the network generates for them.  Take
On The Day has a similar arrangement.

IIRC, Premiere did indeed drop Dr Laura due to declining affiliates in
the wake of her TV show being cancelled, but Take On The Day was formed
to keep the show going.  Now that "female talk" is becoming the next
big thing, Dr. Laura is prominent on the Premiere website, even though
they technically don't own the show anymore.