Darryl Martinie, Cosmic Muffin, has passed on

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 04:05:28 EDT 2006

On 7/26/06, Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:

> Wow, does anybody know if there was an obit anywhere?  I searched
> various newspapers and didn't find one-- I knew him for many years,
> and while I don't believe in astrology, he was a very popular and
> beloved person.

So far no obit in the Globe or Herald _online_, at least. Laquidara's
blog first said that Martinie was gravely ill, and then, as of Wed.
morning, was updated to say: "Darrell Martinie has passed away.. after
being brought home to spend his last moments with family." An obit,
written by former
WFNX and WBCN DJ Steve Strick, appeared on the Radio And Records site on
Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.radioandrecords.com/Newsroom/2006_07_26/thecosmic.asp

"Darrell Martinie, a.k.a. The Cosmic Muffin, died last night in his
home in Saugus, MA of cancer."

The piece says that a memorial service is being planned.