Joe Smith

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Jul 6 21:51:25 EDT 2006

And if you need more proof that Joe's career didn't start at WMEX (I can't
believe we are still debating this...), I am looking directly at an ad from
the Fitchburg Sentinel, 18 February 1957, and it says that Joe will be
appearing as a guest d.j. at a rock show, starring the G-Clefs, Sabby
Lewis, the Heartbeats, the Sophomores, and a bunch of other acts-- oh, and
it says Joe is a "WVDA Star."  In February of 1957, WMEX was still doing
middle-of-the-road and hadn't yet become a pop music station, no matter
what google might state...