Two more markets I overlooked in the UPN/WB merger...

Brian Davis brian@tophour.net
Tue Jan 24 22:23:20 EST 2006

Doug Drown wrote:

>I wonder whether CBS will sell off some of its former UPN "O & O"s, such as
>WSBK.

I would be stunned if they did.

>Why would CBS want to own indies?

Because TVs throw off a ton of cash.  And indies can make ridiculous
amounts of money -- even though they don't have network programming to
sell, they can sell a lot more spots because they'll have virtually all
the avails in a program instead of sharing them with the network.

Incidentally: what are they thinking with "The CW?"  That's just...not
good.

-brian
(long time listener, first time caller)