Candlepin Bowling Returns To Boston Over the Air TV March 4th

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Mon Jan 23 17:08:50 EST 2006

Doug Drowm wrote:

  I think the return of
> televised candlepin is great news. I wish we could get it here in Maine.

   In the Channel 56 press release announcing "Candlepins For Dollars", it
is mentioned that they are looking to find stations in the Springfield MA
area, Rhode Island, CT, NH, Maine and eastern Canada to air the show. The
old "Candlepin Bowling" show with Don Gillis aired for many years on Channel
40 in Springfield, I don't know if they were still airing it when WCVB
cancelled the show in 1996. So if they can sign up a station in maine to
carry the show, you may get your wish.

Mark Watson