Neil Chayette...Looking At Oblivion

Stephanie Weil stephanie@gordsven.com
Mon Jan 9 17:17:35 EST 2006

On Mon, January 9, 2006 16:56, bradfordwood@comcast.net said:
> In some cases - those "program length commercials"
> can be the lifeblood of some stations.

You mean to tell me that a big city clear-channel transmitter like WBZ in
Boston, WOR and WABC in New York, etc. can't make enough money just by
selling spots???

Considering the incredible spot load these stations carry (outside
leased-access shows and infomercials), I would assume that the stations
would be making enough to keep their employees comfortably paid and be
reasonably profitable.

I think this is more of a "squeeze the turd tighter" to get even more gold
out of it, case.

--
Stephanie Weil
New York City, NY, USA