[B-R-I] Re:WBZ "delay" mystery solved; 1.090 Now IBOC

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 10:23:10 EST 2006

Todd Glickman wrote, then replied,

 >> Recently, it appears as though WBZ-AM is running on 8-second delay
 >> 24/7.   They used to only be on delay during "talk hours" 7pm-5am.
 >> But now, the time tone beeps at xx:00:08, as seen on my
 >> satellite-driven clock.

 > Yup, it's HD-radio that causes the 8-second delay.  I just talked to
 > a friend who works there, and he confirmed it.

So what's changed in the past month?
'BZ has been IBOC for over 2 years, *AND* the delay is still there when
IBOC is off!  Even when they were on "talk hours delay", the TOH tone
was on time.
(Speaking of "talk hours" delay, remember before the computer assisted
"delay catchups", they would run this spacey
"whawwwwwl...woooooooorrrrrr...weaaaawl" type loop--sometimes 2-3 times
for long excisions! P=)--this, way back in the days of Guy Mainella,
when he did political/current events talk.)
Also, I noted WILD-1.090 with IBOC for the first time Tuesday afternoon.
  P=(

      ~Kaimbridge~

-----
      Wikipedia—Contributor Home Page: