RIP - Curt Gowdy

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Feb 21 00:41:58 EST 2006

On 20 Feb 2006 at 23:26, Daniel Billings wrote:

> A quick note on how age impacts ones perspective on the news:
>
> I am a New England sports fan, but I don't remember hearing Gowdy
> broadcast a game.  I watched the '75 series that he broadcast, but I
> was only 7 so I don't remember the broadcasters.
>
> I was born in 1968 so he was long gone from the Sox when I started
> following them and by the time that I really starting watching
> national broadcasts in the 80's, he was also gone from there.

On the other hand, I remember hearing him on Red Sox games with Don
Gillis on WHDH radio.  And when WHDH-TV channel 5 came on the air in
November 1957, their evening schedule included "Curt Gowdy on Sports"
after the local news and weather.  I remember watching the first time
in particular because I had only heard him on radio, and I wondered
what he looked like.

--
 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                            617.367.0468
  15 Court Square, Suite 210                  Fax 617.742.7581