National Anthem at noon time

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Mon Feb 20 22:34:28 EST 2006

Of the four 50 kw AM signals from Montreal, CINF 690 (the former CBF) and
CKAC 730 come in the clearest. CJAD 800 can be picked up fairly well during
the day from Waterville south toward Lewiston and Brunswick (less well where
I live, north of Skowhegan).  The signal of CINW, the former CBM AM 940, has
no interference, but it sounds distant and faint.  CKAC, CINF and CINW all
come in well at night; CJAD does not.

Am I correct in thinking that CINW is non-directional?

-Doug

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rod O'Connor" <rjoc@webtv.net>
To: "A.Joseph Ross" <joe@attorneyross.com>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: National Anthem at noon time

> Bob also features a nice Piano version of the National Anthem on his
WJTO-730 Bath, Maine at 12noon. Last time I was down in Boston, just after
Christmas, I noticed it was still on WJIB-740.

> Before semi-local WBYA-105.5 Islesboro/Camden switched from
Music-of-your-Life to "Frank" last year, they always had the National Anthem
at 12noon.  I don't know if they still do, since the format change..I never
listen  to them anymore.

> BTW... Did any DXers here pick up Bob  Bittner's DX Test on WJTO-730 last
weekend? I got it here,  but man, does that French Talker CKAC Montreal
blast in down east!