Bob Nelson to celebrate 25 years at WMWM, Mar. 12

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 05:01:44 EST 2006

Yours truly, Bob Nelson (no not the Dallas guy who did the site on call
letter origins) will celebrate his 25th anniversary at WMWM on March 12.
25 years at the same college radio station; am now semi-retired (on air
every couple months). We're planning some kind of on-air celebration
which will air at least from 8:30 am to 3 pm on 91.7 FM in Salem (perhaps
past 3 pm, too), Mar. 12. Live band? Memories, surprises?

What a long, strange trip it's been since March 12, 1981, the day of my first
show--when WMWM barely missed losing its license due to being off-air since
the previous October. I remember 28 days later being at the old Sullivan
Building studios when the UPI ticker started ringing like crazy: Reagan
had been shot.

I remember our last day in that studio (in '84) and the first day in the new
one in the College Union. And so on.

A page on this is going up at http://www.raccoonradio.com