Salem News: "WESX sale getting poor reception on North Shore"

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sat Feb 18 13:18:04 EST 2006

peninsula in Marblehead, I was amazed that they let half
their puny signal go out to sea.  I later surmised the location
was dictated by the presence of WNEB in Woostah.  When the
FCC authorized the former Class IVs to go to 1,000 watts days,
and WESX installed a directional antenna to do so (uninstalled
a few years later,) I figured they might then move inland but
no, they stayed in Marblehead and apparently protected what is
now WBUR-AM in West Yarmouth.  So I find it hard to  figure
out how they can build a 1,000-watt NDA on 1230 in Lynn,
especially with the new WKOX-AM 50KW signal due to come on-line
some day.